Created for the 5.3L Round French Oven
- In a large bowl combine flour, yeast, salt, ¾ cup of grated aged cheddar cheese and ½ cup of cooked bacon pieces. Add water, stir until blended; dough will be shaggy and sticky. Cover bowl with plastic wrap. Let dough rest over night at room temperature.
- Lightly flour a work surface and place dough on it; sprinkle it with a little more flour and fold it over on itself once or twice. Cover loosely with plastic wrap and let rest about 15 minutes.
- Using just enough flour to keep dough from sticking to work surface or to your fingers, gently and quickly shape dough into a ball. Generously coat a cotton towel with flour, put dough seam side down on towel and dust with more flour. Cover with another cotton towel and let rise for about 2 hours. When it is ready, dough will be more than double in size and will not readily spring back when poked with a finger.
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Place the French oven in the oven as it preheats. Carefully remove pot from oven. Slide your hand under towel and turn dough over into pot, seam side up. Shake pan once or twice if dough is unevenly distributed; it will straighten out as it bakes. . Cover with lid and bake 30 minutes. Remove lid and add remaining ¼ cup of cheese and 1 tbsp of cooked bacon pieces. Bake another 15 to 30 minutes, until loaf is beautifully browned. Cool on a rack.
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp instant yeast
- 1 ½ cup warm water
- 1 cup grated aged cheddar cheese, divided
- ½ cup and 1 tbsp of cooked bacon cut in pieces
Created for: Round French Oven 5.3L
Preparation Time: Overnight
Preheat oven to 450°F
Cooking Time: 60 minutes
Serving Size: 6-8