Created for: Braiser
- Preheat oven to 325°F (163°C).
- In a small bowl, combine, black pepper, paprika, chili powder, mint and salt. Rub onto ribs and rest for 1 hour to overnight in fridge.
- To the Braiser, add wine, cider, stock, bay leaves, apples, onion, celery and peppers. Bring to a boil; add the ribs and cover pan. Bake for 1 hour or until meat is tender.
- Remove ribs and Serrano peppers from liquid and place on a baking sheet. Heat broiler to high; rack should be about 4 inches (10cm) away from heat source. Broil on both sides until brown and crisp, just a few minutes.
- Meanwhile, skim cooking liquid of fat, bring to a boil, puree and use as sauce.
- 1 Tbsp. (15ml) black pepper
- 2 Tbsp. (30ml) smoked paprika
- 1 Tbsp. (15ml) chili powder
- ½ Tbsp. (7ml) mint leaves, dried
- 1 Tbsp. (15ml) salt
- 4 lbs. (1.8kg) pork spare ribs, cut into smaller racks
- ½ cup (125ml) white wine
- ½ cup (125ml) apple cider
- ½ cup (125ml) chicken stock
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 apples, sliced
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 4 ribs celery, sliced
- 5 serrano peppers
Share this recipe:
Main Ingredient: Pork Ribs
Cooking Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
Serving Size: 6