Created for: Loaf Tin
- Stir ingredients for streusel in a bowl until crumbly and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350F (175C). Grease the loaf pan with butter.
- Stir flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl until well blended.
- Beat eggs in a medium bowl with a fork, add in butter and milk to combine.
- Add to flour mixture and fold with a spatula just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Spoon half the batter into the loaf pan spread to cover bottom.
- Sprinkle with half the apples and half of the streusel.
- Spoon on remaining batter spreading to cover.
- Sprinkle with the a little more streusel and apples and then top with the remaining streusel.
- Bake 1 hour 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool in pan 10 minutes. Run a rubber spatula to loosen edges and place on a cooling rack.
Ingredients for Streusel Topping:
- 1 cup (250ml) all-purpose flour
- ½ cup (125ml) brown sugar, packed
- ½ cup (125ml) butter, melted
- 2 tsp (10ml) ground cinnamon
Ingredients for Cake:
- 2 cups (500ml) all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup (175ml) sugar
- 2 tsp (10ml) baking powder
- ½ tsp (2.5ml) salt
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup (125ml) unsalted butter, melted
- ½ cup (125ml) milk
- 2 medium apples, peeled, small dice
Share this recipe:
Main Ingredient: Apples
Cook time: 1 ½ hours
Serving Size: 8-10