Created for the Tarte Tatin Dish
- Dust a clean surface and a rolling pin with flour and roll out your puff pastry until it’s just over 1/8 “ thick, set aside.
- Place the tarte tatin pan on a medium heat and add the sugar, Calvados and vanilla seeds. Let the sugar dissolve and cook until the mixture forms a light caramel.
- Once the caramel looks and smells delicious – it should be a lovely chestnut brown – add apples. Carefully stir everything in the pan and cook for about 5 minutes or until the apples start to soften. Add the cubed butter, then lay the pastry over the top. Quickly and carefully tuck the pastry down right into the edges – it’s best to use a wooden spoon so you don’t touch the caramel.
- Bake the tarte tatin for about 30- 35 minutes, or until golden, with crispy pieces bubbling up from under the edges. Take it out of the oven. Using a serving plate or board larger than the tarte tatin pan, place on top, then quickly, carefully and confidently turn it out.
All purpose flour for dusting
- 1 package puff pastry
- 7 apples peeled, cored and cut into 28 wedges
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup Calvados
- 1 vanilla bean halved lengthways, seeds scraped out
- ¼ cup butter, cubed
Creates for: Tarte Tatin Dish
Main Ingredient: Apples
Preheat oven 375
Cooking Time: 30-35 mins.
Serving Size: 6