Created for: Round French Oven
- Make the rouille first. Mince 2 garlic cloves and transfer to blender. Add basil, mayonnaise, 3 tbsp. of olive oil and lemon juice. Purée until smooth. Transfer to a small bowl, cover and chill.
- In the Soup Pot, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium-high heat. Add tomatoes and fennel. Season with salt and pepper. Stir occasionally, until tomatoes burst.
- Slice remaining garlic cloves and add to pot. Cook until garlic becomes fragrant, stirring often.
- Pour in wine, stirring often, until the wine has reduced and is almost absorbed.
- Add clam juice and 4 cups of water. Bring to a boil.
- Add shellfish, fish and calamari. Cook, covered, until shellfish open, discarding any that do not. Stir in parsley.
- Spread rouille on baguette slices and serve with bouillabaisse.
- 4 garlic cloves, divided
- ½ cup fresh basil leaves
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 5 tbsp. extra-virgin
- olive oil, divided
- 2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 4 cups multi-coloured cherry tomatoes
- 1 small fennel bulb, trimmed, halved and thinly sliced
- Freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup white wine
- 1 (235ml) bottle clam juice (alternatively, use 235ml good quality fish stock)
- 1.1kg mixed mussels and clams, cleaned
- 1 calamari tube, cleaned and thickly sliced
- 1kg white fish fillets, cut into 5cm pieces
- 3 tbsp. chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1 baguette, sliced
Share this recipe:
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 50 minutes
Serving Size: 6