Created for the Round French Oven
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Sift together the flour, salt and 15ml sugar. Then mix in the yeast.
- Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients and pour in half the water. Mix together to form soft dough adding more of the remaining water as necessary.
- When you have a soft but not sticky dough, turn it out onto a floured surface and knead for about 10 minutes or until smooth and elastic.
- Place into a greased bowl, cover and put in a warm place to double in size, for about 30 minutes.
- In the meantime combine 250ml sugar and 100ml water in a saucepan and bring to the boil. Once boiling remove from the heat.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough into a thin rectangle and brush the surface with the syrup. Sprinkle on the even quantities of cinnamon and the sugar, as well as the raisins.
- Fold the long side of the rectangle over, and carefully roll the dough into a spiral.
- Slice the log into 1.5cm spirals and pack them into a Le Creuset Round Casserole.
- Brush the surface with syrup and bake for 25-30 minutes, until golden brown and cooked through.
- Remove from oven and pour over the remaining syrup. Tear into single spirals to serve.
- 500g cake flour
- 15ml salt
- 15ml sugar
- 10g instant yeast
- 600ml tepid water
- 250ml sugar
- 100ml water
- 60ml cinnamon
- 60ml sugar
- 250ml raisins
Share this recipe:
Preparation Time: 50 minutes
Cooking Time: 35 minutes
Serving Size: 6