Created for: Traditional Pot
- Place a stockpot over medium heat and coat with the oil.
- Add the onion, garlic, carrots, celery, thyme and bay leaf. Cook and stir for about 6- 10 minutes, until the vegetables are softened but not browned.
- Pour in the chicken stock and bring the liquid to a boil.
- Add the noodles and simmer for 5- 8 minutes until tender.
- Add the chicken, and continue to simmer for a few minutes to heat through; season with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley before serving.
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 medium carrots, cut into rounds
- 2 ribs celery, chopped
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 8 cups (2L) chicken stock
- 8 oz (226g) egg noodles
- 1 ½ cups (375ml) shredded cooked chicken
- Salt to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup (60ml) flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
Share this recipe:
Main Ingredient: Chicken
Cooking Time: 25-30 minutes
Serving Size: 6