2.1 L Oval Baker
- Preheat oven to low broil.
- Whisk the heavy cream with 6 ounces of the goat cheese, lemon juice, and salt and pepper to make a sauce; set aside. In a separate bowl, combine the remaining goat cheese with the Parmesan to create a paste; reserve.
- Set the oval baker on the stovetop over medium-high heat; pour in the olive oil and allow it to heat for about 3 minutes. Using tongs, place the sage leaves in the oil. As soon as they become deep green in color, remove and place on a paper towel to cool; reserve.
- Keep the baker on the stovetop, reducing the heat to medium. Add the butternut squash and onions. Season with salt and pepper and rotate occasionally as they cook. When they become golden brown, turn off the heat and add in the rigatoni (about 8 minutes). Stir to coat with the oil.
- Pour in the goat cheese sauce and stir to coat the pasta. Dollop the goat cheese-Parmesan mixture on top. Place the baker on middle rack in the oven and broil, rotating halfway through, until it browns on top (about 8 minutes). Remove from the oven and garnish with the fried sage leaves.
- 1 cup heavy cream, room temperature
- 8 ounces goat cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 12 sage leaves
- 2 cups butternut squash, peeled and diced
- 1 cup peeled and quartered cipollini onions or 1 small sweet yellow onion, diced
- 1 pound cooked rigatoni
Share this recipe:
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes