Created for the Non Stick Crepe Pan
- In a bowl, whisk flour with salt; set aside. In small bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, water and 1 Tbsp (15 ml) of the butter until consistency of cream, adding up to 2 Tbsp (30 ml) more water if too thick. Pour over dry ingredients, whisking until smooth. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour. Stir before using.
- Heat crepe pan over medium-low heat; brush lightly with some of the remaining butter. For each crepe, pour scant 1/4 cup (60 ml) batter into centre of pan, swirling to coat pan; pour out excess batter. Cook, turning once, until golden, about 2-3 minutes. Transfer to plate.
- In large or deep fry pan, melt sugar with butter over medium heat. Add orange zest, orange juice, orange segments and 1 Tbsp (15 ml) of the orange liqueur; bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 1-2 minutes.
- Add 1 crepe to pan, turning to coat. Using tongs, gently fold crepe into quarters; move to side of pan. Repeat with remaining crepes, overlapping around edge of pan.
- Drizzle with remaining liqueur. Remove from heat and ignite pan. When flame subsides, serve crepes.
- 1 cup (250ml) unbleached all purpose flour
- ¼ tsp (1ml) salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup (80ml) milk
- 1/3 cup (80ml) water
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) melted butter
- 3 Tbsp (45ml) sugar
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) butter
- 2 tsp (10ml) orange zest
- 1 orange, segmented
- 1/3 cup (80ml) orange juice
- 3 Tbsp (45ml) orange-flavoured liqueur
Share this recipe:
Preparation Time: 1h 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Serving Size: 4