Created for the Iron Handle Skillet
To make the Salted Caramel Sauce:
- In a saucepan, gently heat the cream with the sugar until combined. Reduce until the sauce reaches a syrupy consistency. Add the salt to the sauce just before serving.
To make the Dutch Baby Pancake:
- Blend the flour, milk, eggs, vanilla extract and salt until smooth.
- Melt the butter in a Le Creuset Iron Handle Skillet until bubbling and pour in the batter. Place the skillet in an oven preheated to 400°F and bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until puffed up and golden brown.
- To serve, dust liberally with icing sugar, scoop some vanilla ice cream into the centre and pour as much Salted Caramel Sauce as desired.
- Finally, sprinkle over a few toasted coconut shavings, if desired. Serve immediately.
For the Salted Caramel Sauce:
- 250ml fresh cream
- 3 Tbsp dark brown sugar
- a pinch of flaked sea salt
For the Dutch Baby Pancake:
- 1 cup of cake flour, sifted
- 100ml milk
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 2 Tbsp icing sugar
- vanilla ice cream, to serve
Share this recipe:
Preparation Time: 25 min
Cooking Time: 25 min
Serving Size: 2