Created for the Heart Casserole
- Preheat oven to 375ºF. In small bowl, stir together goat cheese, chopped figs, thyme, salt, and pepper.
- Slide a sharp boning or paring knife into the thickest end of each chicken breast. Gently work the knife left and right, creating a pocket about 3 inches deep by 1 inch wide (slightly more or less depending on size of breast). Using your fingers, pack each pocket with half of the goat cheese mixture.Gently press the opening closed. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the chicken breasts and cook 2 to 3 minutes per side or until golden brown. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil in the heart cocotte over medium heat. When the oil is hot, add potatoes and toss to coat. Using tongs, arrange the potatoes so the cut sides are down. Sprinkle fennel slices and shallot over the top; season with salt and pepper.
- Place fig jam in a small dish. Microwave on high for about 10 seconds or until warm.
- Arrange chicken breasts on top of the vegetables; brush with fig jam. Place the cocotte, uncovered, in the oven and bake for 20 minutes, or until potatoes are tender and chicken is cooked through.
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 6 oz baby yukon gold or fingerling potatoes, halved
- 1/2 medium fennel bulb, trimmed, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp fig jam
For the filling:
- 2 tbsp soft goat cheese, room temperature
- 2 dried figs, finely chopped (about 2 Tbsp)
- 1 tsp chipped fresh thyme
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp freshly ground black pepper
Share this recipe:
Preparation Time : 15 min
Cooking Time: 30 min
Serving Size: 2