Created for: 4.1L Oval French Oven
- In a medium saucepan, bring the water and salt to a boil. Stir in the oats and raisins, reduce the heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, uncovered, for 5- 8 minutes.
- When the oats are cooked remove pan from the heat and stir in the vanilla and nutmeg. Swirl in the brown sugar and place the oatmeal in serving bowls.
- Pour ¼ cup (60ml) of milk on top of each bowl, top with nuts and a sprinkle of cinnamon.
- Garnish with berries and figs.
- 7 cups (1.5ml) water
- ½ tsp (2.5ml)salt
- 4 cups (1L) old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup (250ml) golden raisins
- ½ tsp (2.5ml) pure vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp (1ml) nutmeg
- ¼ cup (60ml) dark brown sugar, plus more, to taste
- 2 cups (500ml) milk, divided
- 1 cup (250ml) pistachios, coarsely chopped
- ½ tsp (2.5ml) ground cinnamon
- 2 cups (500ml) blueberries
- 2 cups (500ml) raspberries
- 8 pieces fresh figs, quartered
Main Ingredient: Oatmeal
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Serving Size: 8