Created for: 1.4 L Oval Baker
- Preheat oven to 375 °F.
- Peel away any extra skin from the garlic, then cut in half horizontally, exposing the cloves. Pour the oil into the 1 1/2 quart oval baker and place the garlic, cut side down, into the oil. Roast in the oven for 30 minutes or until garlic cloves are golden brown and soft, then remove from the oil, wrap in aluminum foil to keep from drying out and set aside.
- Adjust oven temperature to low broil.
- Place the oval baker on the stove top and heat on medium-high. Season the salmon and pat dry. Then place, skin side down, into the garlic oil. Allow the fish to cook until the skin is crisp, then turn off the heat, the salmon will only be partially cooked at this point.
- Remove the roasted garlic from the foil and cut each piece in half. Arrange the garlic bulb around the salmon. Season with salt and pepper. Top the fish with a few slices of lemon, then use some of it to squeeze over the fish, top with the butter.
- Place the salmon in the oven to finish cooking on low broil, about 8 minutes. Serve with additional lemon and fresh parsley to garnish.
- 1 bulb garlic
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 pounds salmon, skin-on
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, minced
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 8 minutes