Created for the Cast Iron Braiser
- Brush the inside of the braiser with olive oil and line it with a piece of parchment paper.
- In a bowl mix together the flour, salt, yeast and dried rosemary. Make a well in the centre and pour in the tepid water and the 2 teaspoons of olive oil. Combine the ingredients together with a spatula to form a very soft dough ball.
- Continue to work the dough in the bowl with a beating action using either the spatula or a well-oiled hand for 3-4 minutes, cover and rest for 15 minutes.
- Place the dough in the braiser and brush the surface well with some of the extra olive oil.
- Gently press the oiled dough into the dishes with your fingers, cover and rest in a warm place for approximately 30 minutes or until doubled in size.
- Using your fingertip make 4 deep dimples in the dough in each dish.
- Mix together the water with the remaining extra virgin olive oil and salt for the topping and pour the mixture into the dimples.
- Sprinkle over the black pepper and top with the roasted pepper pieces. Break the rosemary sprigs into smaller pieces and push randomly into the dimples. Rest for a final 15 minutes.
- Whilst the dough is resting pre-heat the oven to 425F.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes until lightly golden.
- For an extra moist finish drizzle the baked loaves with a little more olive oil.
- 200g bread flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon (5g) fast acting dried yeast
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 150ml tepid water
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 small roasted red pepper (80g), drained of any oil and cut into small pieces
- 2 sprigs of fresh rosemary
Share this recipe:
Preparation Time: 65 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Serving Size: 4