Created for: Iron Handle Saucepan
- Heat butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add squash and sauté for 5-8 minutes.
- Add rice, water and cinnamon, bring to a boil.
- Cover with lid, reduce heat to low-simmer, and cook 35- 40 minutes.
- Remove from heat, add cranberries, place the lid on and steam for 10 minutes.
- Fluff with a fork and season with salt and pepper. Garnish with almonds.
- 2 Tbsp. (30ml) butter
- 2 cups (500ml) butternut squash, small dice
- 1 cup (250ml) brown basmati
- 1 cup (250ml) wild rice
- 3 1/3 cups (785ml) water
- 1 cinnamon stick
- ½ cup (125ml) dried cranberries
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- ½ cup (125ml) flaked almonds, toasted
Main Ingredient: Rice
Cooking Time: 1 hour
Serving Size: 8- 10