Created for the Le Creuset Cast Iron Roaster
- Place oven rack in middle position and preheat oven to 375°F.
- Finely chop herbs and garlic together. Transfer to a small bowl, then stir in lemon zest and breadcrumbs. Add butter and stir to make a paste.
- Open lamb like a book, skin side down. On a work surface, sprinkle with 3/4 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Spread herb mixture evenly over lamb, then fold lamb back into original shape and tie with string at 1-inch intervals. Pat lamb dry and transfer to a roasting pan. Rub lamb with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Roast lamb until thermometer inserted diagonally 2 inches into lamb averages 135 to 140°F for medium-rare (test in several places, as different parts of leg cook at different speeds), 40 to 50 minutes. Transfer to a plate and let stand, loosely covered with foil, 30 minutes before slicing. Cut off and discard string and serve lamb warm or at room temperature.
- 2 cups flat-leaf parsley
- 2 cups oregano
- 2 Tbsp chives
- 1 bunch thyme
- 2 large handfuls garlic
- 2 Tbsp lemon zest
- 1 cup fresh breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup butter, room temperature
- 1- 6lb. boneless leg of lamb, with shank
- 4 Tbsp olive oil
- Freshly ground pepper
Share this recipe:
Created for: Cast Iron Roaster
Main Ingredient: Leg of Lamb