Created for: Round French Oven
- Cook the pasta in boiling salted water till al dente, drain and set aside.
- Prepare your vegetable stock by stirring the vegetable stock into the hot water.
- Heat the olive oil and butter in a heavy-based pot over a medium heat. Add the onion and fry gently until softened. Add the carrot, leek and garlic and fry for a further 5-10 minutes. Add the vegetable stock, beans and tomatoes and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add the baby zucchini, peas, broad beans and asparagus and allow to simmer for 5 minutes or until just cooked. Check the seasoning and stir in the pasta. Simmer until heated through. Serve with fresh pesto, shavings of parmesan freshly baked bread.
- 1 cup tiny shells or any small pasta
- 4 tbsp vegetable stock
- 2 litres hot water
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- 250g carrots, peeled and cut diagonally into 2cm pieces
- 250g leeks, cut diagonally into 2cm pieces
- 1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tin borlotti beans, drained and rinsed
- 4 tomatoes, skinned, deseeded and finely chopped
- 6 baby zucchini, sliced
- 100g frozen peas
- 70g broad beans, blanched and peeled
- 100g trimmed asparagus
- Basil pesto, to serve
- Grated Parmesan to serve
- Crusty bread to serve
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 70 minutes