Prepared in a Stoneware Mug
From hot chocolate and coffee to single servings of soup and even desserts, the .35-litre Stoneware Mug features a versatile, sturdy design for everyday use, as well as classic Le Creuset embossed lettering and rings around the base.
1. Cut the unpeeled apple into 6 segments, discarding the core from each piece. Push 2 of the cloves into the flesh of each segment.
2. Using a potato peeler remove, in strips, all of the peel from the orange. Cut the piece of ginger in half.
3. Put the pieces of apple, orange peel, ginger, sugar and cinnamon sticks into a large saucepan with 2 cups water. Bring to a boil, then remove from the heat and leave to infuse for 15 minutes.
4. Add the wine and gently reheat, but do not boil again. Strain into a large heatproof serving bowl, floating the apple pieces, cinnamon sticks and some fresh orange slices on the top.
5. Ladle the warm mulled wine into mugs for serving.
This is a simple recipe that can be prepared in advance by making to the end of point 3, only adding the wine when you are ready to reheat for serving.
Share this recipe:
1 dessert apple
12 whole cloves
1 large orange
2.5cm piece fresh ginger, peeled
1½ cups soft brown sugar
5 cinnamon sticks
2 bottles of red wine
Serves 12 to 14