Created for the Iron Handle Skillet
- In a saucepan, melt butter, set aside. Using a mandolin, thinly slice the potatoes: two lengthwise and four widthwise. Thinly slice the celeriac. Set aside.
- Generously brush a 30cm skillet with melted butter. Arrange the first layer of round potatoes, overlapping to form a rosette.
- Top with all the oblong- shaped potato slices, be sure they overlap and extend up the side of the skillet.
- Alternate with round potatoes and celeriac layers. Season each layer with salt, pepper and a light brush of butter. Lightly press each layer. Fold the oblong potato slices towards the centre. Finish with a potato rosette layer.
- Brush with remaining butter.
- Bake for 1 hour or until the outside of the potatoes are golden brown and crisp. While hot, run a spatula around the outside of the potatoes to loosen.
- 6 Tbsp butter
- 5 large russet potatoes, peeled
- 1 small celeriac, peeled
Share this recipe:
Created for: Iron Handle Skillet
Preheat oven to 425F
Cooking Time: 1 hour
Serving Size: 6-8