Created for the Round French Oven
- Preheat the oven to 325˚F (160˚C).
- Combine the barbecue sauce, chicken stock, brown sugar and vinegar and in a medium bowl, then set aside. In a small bowl, mix together the paprika, chili powder, cumin, mustard and salt. Rub the mixture on to the meat.
- Heat the oil in the French oven over medium heat. Add the pork and sear on all sides. Drain away excess fat.
- Add barbecue sauce mixture and bring to a simmer. Cover and cook in the oven for 3 hours, turning occasionally, or until falling apart tender.
- Remove the pork from the sauce and cool.
- Remove fat from the surface of the sauce, and bring to a simmer on the stove.
- Pull the pork into shreds with a fork or with fingers and place in a large bowl. Pour the sauce over the pork and mix to coat the meat.
- Serve the pork on warmed buns with coleslaw and pickles.
- 1 cup (250ml) barbecue sauce
- 1 cup (250ml) chicken stock
- ¼ cup (60ml) brown sugar
- ¼ cup (60ml) apple cider vinegar
- 3lb. (1.4kg) boneless pork shoulder (Butt roast)
- 1 Tbsp (15ml) paprika
- 1 Tbsp (15ml) ground cumin
- 1 Tbsp (15ml) dry mustard
- ½ Tbsp (7.5ml) chili powder
- 1 Tbsp (15ml) salt
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) vegetable oil
- 8 buns
Share this recipe:
Preparation Time : 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 3 hours
Serving Size: 8