Created for the Le Creuset 12 Cup Mini Muffin Tray
- Heat the cream and the vanilla paste in a heavy-based saucepan.
- Beat the egg yolks and caster sugar together until light and fluffy and then add the cornflour and flour.
- Slowly beat the hot cream into the egg mixture and then pour the mixture back into the saucepan. Return to the heat stirring continuously until the mixture thickens. Bring, to the boil then simmer for at least 10 minutes to cook the flour. Remove from the heat and cover with cling film touching the surface. Allow to cool.
- Brush each piece of pastry with melted butter and push them into the Le Creuset Bun Tray, two layers per cup.
- Fill the pastry cases with the cooled custard and top with raspberries and hazelnuts. Bake at 180°C/160°C fan /Gas Mark 4 for 10 – 15 minutes, or until the pastry is golden brown and cooked.
- 500ml double cream
- 1 tablespoon vanilla paste
- 6 egg yolks
- 100g caster sugar
- 40g cornflour
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 250g raspberries
- 100g hazelnuts, roasted
- 250g filo pastry, each sheet cut into 12 squares
- 100g butter, melted
Share this recipe:
Created for: Le Creuset 12 Cup Mini Muffin Tray
Main Ingredient: Eggs
Cooking Time: 30 minutes