Created for the 2.6 L Square Casserole with Lid
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Combine 1Tbsp (15 ml) olive oil, tomato puree and season well. Pour puree into the bottom of the baking dish.
- Arrange the slices of prepared vegetables on top of the tomato puree. Overlap each slice so that some of the surface of each vegetable is visible. Lightly sprinkle with herbs and salt and pepper. Repeat layers.
- On the final layer, drizzle with remaining olive oil. Cover dish with the lid and place in to oven to bake for about 45 – 55 minutes. Vegetables should have released their liquid and be visibly cooked.
- Note: All vegetables should be sliced crosswise, not lengthwise to support the layered effect.
- 2 Tbsp (30 ml) olive oil
- 1 cup (250 ml) tomato puree
- 3 red onions, sliced on the mandolin 1/16 (1.5 mm) thick
- 4 long red peppers, sliced on the mandolin 1/16” (1.5mm) thick
- 4 green zucchini, sliced on the mandolin 1/16” (1.5 mm) thick
- 4 yellow zucchini, sliced on the mandolin 1/16” (1.5 mm) thick
- 5 tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 2 eggplants, sliced on the mandolin 1/16” (1.5 mm) thick
- 1 tsp (5 ml) thyme
- 1 tsp (5 ml) marjoram
- salt and pepper
Created for: 2.6 L Square Casserole with Lid
Cooking Time: 45-55 minutes
Serving Size: 6