Created for the 26 cm Iron Handle Skillet
- Melt 2 Tbsp (30 ml) of butter in the microwave or a small pan.
- Brush the steaks with the melted butter and season with pepper; let the steaks come to room temperature.
- Peel and slice the potatoes into ¼ inch (0.64 cm) thick sticks. Soak in ice water for 15 – 20 minutes.
- In a large pot, heat 2 inches (5 cm) of vegetable oil to 325°F (165°C).
- Drain the potatoes from the water and dry them completely.
- Fry potatoes in batches until cooked through, but not brown, about 4-6 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel lined tray to drain. Heat oil to 375°F (190°C).
- Heat the grill pan on high.
- Season steak with salt and add to the grill pan once the pan begins to smoke. Turn heat to medium high. Cook steaks for 4 minutes per side for medium rare.
- Refry potatoes until crisp and golden brown, about 1-2 minutes per batch. Transfer to fresh paper towel lined baking sheet to drain.
- Divide remaining butter evenly and top on each steak. Top each steak with a handful of frites and serve mayonnaise on the side.
- 6 Tbsp (90 ml) unsalted butter
- 6 steaks (rib eye, porterhouse, sirloin, filet mignon)
- fresh black pepper
- kosher salt
- 4 large potatoes (Yukon Gold, Idaho, Russet)
- vegetable oil for deep frying
- ½ cup (125 ml) mayonnaise
Created for: 26 cm Iron Handle Skillet
Cooking Time: 16-20 minutes
Serving Size: 6