Created for the Stainless Steel Stockpot with Pasta Insert
- In a pot, warm the oil and fennel seed over high heat until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add the diced fennel and tomato, season with salt, and cook until softened, about 2 minutes.
- Add the mussels, clams, wine, and red pepper flakes. Cover and cook, shaking the pan occasionally, until some of the mussels and clams begin to open, about 3 minutes.
- Uncover, add the butter, and continue to cook until all the mussels open, about 3 minutes more. Toss to mix the ingredients.
- Garnish with the fennel fronds and chives.
- 2 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp fennel seed
- ¼ cup fennel, trimmed, cored, and finely diced, fronds reserved for garnish
- ¼ cup tomato, finely diced
- 2 lb. mussels, cleaned
- 1lb. clams, rinsed
- ½ cup white wine
- ¼ tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 Tbsp. chives, chopped
Created for: Stockpot with Pasta Insert
Main Ingredient: Mussels
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
Serving Size: 4-6