Created for the Le Creuset 26 cm Quiche / Flan Tin
- Sift the flour, salt and icing sugar together in a bowl. Rub in the butter until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs and add the water. Bring together to form a dough, cover and place in fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Dust a work surface and a rolling pin with some flour and roll the pastry out thinly. Line a Le Creuset Bakeware 26cm quiche/flan tin. Chill in the fridge for a further 30 minutes.
- Roll off the excess pastry with a rolling pin, line with baking paper and fill with baking beans. Bake blind at 180°C/160°C fan /Gas Mark 4 for 15 minutes. Remove beans and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- To make the filling beat the egg and caster sugar together thoroughly, add the lemon juice and then stir in the cream.
- Pour the mixture into the baked pastry case and bake at 130°C /110°C fan/Gas Mark ½ for 35-45 minutes or until the filling is starting to set but is still slightly wobbly in the middle.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Remove the tart from the tin on to a heat proof serving plate, sprinkle the surface with caster sugar and caramelise with a blow torch.
- 180g plain flour plus extra for dusting
- pinch salt
- 60g icing sugar
- 100g chilled butter
- 1 teaspoon water
- 3 eggs
- 120g caster sugar
- 500ml lemon juice
- 125ml double cream
- Caster sugar to finish
Share this recipe:
Created for: Le Creuset 26 cm Quiche / Flan Tin
Main Ingredient: Eggs
Cooking time: 35-45 minutes