Created for: Round French Oven
- Warm the oil in a large pot over high heat. Add the bell peppers, jalapenos, garlic and onion and cook until caramelized, about 10- 12 minutes.
- Add the turkey and gently stir, trying not to break up the meat too much; cook until the meat is no longer pink, about 7 – 10 minutes.
- Add the tomato paste and crushed tomatoes, stir for 4 minutes, then add the chicken stock.
- Add the chili powder, cumin, cayenne and salt.
- Stir in the beans, lower the heat and cook, uncovered, for 1 – 1 ½ hours.
- Garnish with shredded cheddar.
- 3 Tbsp (45ml) canola oil
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 jalapeno peppers, minced, seeds removed
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large red onion, diced
- 3 lbs (1.5kg) ground turkey
- 1/3 cup (75ml) tomato paste
- 3 cups (375ml) crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup (250ml) chicken stock
- 3 Tbsp (45ml) chili powder
- 1 Tbsp (15ml) ground cumin
- ¼ tsp (1ml) cayenne pepper
- Salt to taste
- 3 cups (750ml) canned kidney beans, rinsed
- 2 cups (500ml) canned black beans, rinsed
- ½ cup (125ml) cheddar cheese, for garnish
Main Ingredient: Turkey
Cooking Time: 1 ½ hours
Serving Size: 6